Unconditional Yes is a collaborative participatory project created by artist, Robyn Love, and YOU the Simmons Community, that seeks answer to the question, "Have you ever made a decision with an unconditional yes?" You can answer this question with anything. Examples might be text, photographs, clothing, or artwork-all of which will be displayed in the Trustman Gallery and returned to you.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

YARN.

Okay, 5th time is the charm. I'm not even kidding - this is the 5th time I've tried to update this entry.

I shouldn't be admitting that - I'm obviously exhausted and/or inept, but I was way too excited about these pictures to give up!



Ohhhhh look at all the yarn! We were all so excited. I'm pretty sure everyone in our AADM 390 class took at least 1 ball - I took 2 and I don't know how to knit.

If anyone who knows me personally is reading this - you can stop shaking your head. I plan on learning. I'm kind of clutz and things like knitting or any sort of skill similar usually takes some time to catch on to - but I am determined!!

With that said - if you don't know how to knit but would like to - please send me a message (or comment, or email). My class has a few girls in it who are FANTASTIC and are also really good teachers. They're looking to spread the wealth!

Contact us!!


If anyone from Simmons wants in on some of this yarn, please let us know. A lot of us have already started on the trail that will (hopefully) lead from the Trustman Gallery all the way down the 4 flights of stairs.

I think we can do it.

Oh, if you're on Facebook please seach for Unconditional Yes group. In the course of 1 night we've had 46 people join!

I hope I see that number continue to grow!

Until next time,

Jessica

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm a Simmons GSLIS student and I might participate in the project. Is the knitted length to go down the stairs being made as one piece, or can one contribute separate long skinny pieces of our own to add to the length? And if so, what color and width would go best? I have a hell of a lot of yarn at home I could use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for the comment!

    Everyone is knitting their own individual pieces as far as I can tell & then we'll be linking them together.

    I cannot remember what width, so I will double check & any color that you have works!

    If you email me at TrustmanGallery@gmail.com - I'll be sure to get back to you with the width.

    ReplyDelete