Unconditional Yes is a collaborative participatory project created by artist, Robyn Love, and YOU the Simmons Community, that seeks answer to the question, "Have you ever made a decision with an unconditional yes?" You can answer this question with anything. Examples might be text, photographs, clothing, or artwork-all of which will be displayed in the Trustman Gallery and returned to you.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Well you have to start somewhere.

Hello everyone.

My name is Jessica and I'm one of the students working on this amazing project at Simmons College.

I'm not going to bother repeating the theme of the project (it's in our heading!) - but I feel like I'd take the initiative to write the first entry. I always find the first entry to be the most difficult.

Unconditional Yes.

Is it me, or are those two of the most terrifying words you've ever seen in your life? I'm serious! Think about it!!

I mean, I've for sure have given an "unconditional yes" to a double fudge brownie baked by my best friend. But I'm trying my best to push myself to think beyond my (unhealthy yet delicious) obession with chocolate and dig a little bit deeper.

What else have I said YES to, unconditionally?

I'm still working on my answer. If you sit and take the time to think about it, I think you'll be surprised at what you may discover about yourself.

Which is why I can't wait for this project to get underway. I can't wait to discover another layer to the Simmons Community - to have faculty, staff, students and alum answer this question too is going to be brilliant.

Honestly, can you think of a better portrait of Simmons than this?! I can't.

We will be posting the loan form for all your objects, letters, artworks, pieces of clothing or whatever else you may want to give to this show SOON.

I'm hoping by Friday (tomorrow!)

I know this wasn't much of a first entry, but please come back and look for updates! I will not be the only one updating this blog - so you can expect to find something new and exciting everytime you visit.

Until next time,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment