Unconditional Yes is a collaborative participatory project created by artist, Robyn Love, and YOU the Simmons Community, that seeks answer to the question, "Have you ever made a decision with an unconditional yes?" You can answer this question with anything. Examples might be text, photographs, clothing, or artwork-all of which will be displayed in the Trustman Gallery and returned to you.

Friday, February 5, 2010

It is going to take yarn, a lot of yarn.

Robyn here.

I packed up a big box of yarn and it is headed to the post office in a couple of minutes. One of the students, Rachel, asked if she and some others could knit a stripe a la The Knitted Mile to lead visitors up the stairs to the Trustman Gallery on the 4th Floor. It is a fantastic idea and I gladly dug through my mountainous stash to contribute yarn to the effort. Along the way, I found some crocheted flowers that didn't get included in my Lion Brand Studio window last year. I thought they would make a nice addition to the stripe here and there.

I loved Jessica's post about the chocolate brownie. I never thought about how we can say an unconditional yes even to things like brownies, but perhaps those are the things that need it most. After all, how much fun is it to eat a brownie and spend the whole time telling yourself, Oh I shouldn't be eating this!

Here is a glimpse of one of the needlework pieces I am making that will be on the gallery wall as a kind of provocateur - a way of stimulating more responses from students, faculty, staff, alumnae. I hope to have one for each of the nine (eight?) wall sections in the gallery, each touching on a different idea related to unconditional yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment