Unconditional Yes is a collaborative participatory project created by artist, Robyn Love, and YOU the Simmons Community, that seeks answer to the question, "Have you ever made a decision with an unconditional yes?" You can answer this question with anything. Examples might be text, photographs, clothing, or artwork-all of which will be displayed in the Trustman Gallery and returned to you.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Knitting Information


Pile of my Mom's Knitting Needles!

So we've been getting questions about the Knitted Trail we'll be working on as a part of the 'Unconditional Yes' project. Rachel Heller, another student in my AADM 390 class is a fantastic knitter (is that even a word?) and posted some information on our Facebook group.

So here's the info:

-Using medium weight yarn and size 9 needles is preferable. However if you
don't have that yarn weight or needle size--just knit a width of 3 1/2"

-As for color, ANY color is perfect. This is about the
Simmons Community so we love variety.

-And to crochet-ers out there: We will take your crochet work too! Just
make sure it is 3 1/2" wide.

-If anyone needs yarn Robyn sent us a whole box of it! Let me know
and I will let you know how to get some.

-ALSO - don't know how to knit?! And want to learn?! Email me (heller2@simmons.edu) and we'll figure out
a time to do a knit-together. What day/time works best for all of you?




Speaking of our Facebook group, has hit 109 members! I am BEYOND thrilled, thank you to all of you who joined and keep inviting your friends! And I hope that above information is helpful to all you lovely people out there who may want to knit.

The above picture is of my 4th attempt at casting on...in the background is one of the YouTube videos I used. I told you I'd try to learn!

Granted, this will be so much easier when I can sit down with a group of people and talk it all out. But I'm home, everyone else is asleep and..well, why not right?

Until next time,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment