Unconditional Yes is a collaborative participatory project created by artist, Robyn Love, and YOU the Simmons Community, that seeks answer to the question, "Have you ever made a decision with an unconditional yes?" You can answer this question with anything. Examples might be text, photographs, clothing, or artwork-all of which will be displayed in the Trustman Gallery and returned to you.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

TOMORROW

UNCONDITIONAL YES
March 25, 2010
4:30PM - 6:30PM
Trustman Gallery, 4th Floor
Simmons College
300 The Fenway
Boston, MA

Simmons Choir will be performing at 6PM.
Light refreshments and snacks will be served.

- - - - - -
Like you didn't know that already - but there is the information and I look forward to seeing you all there tomorrow!


Now, before I go I really have to share this story at the risk of embarrassing myself WAY beyond how I normally embarrass myself on an everyday basis.

Apparently I'm really excited for the show. So much so, that I have had dreams about it for the past couple of nights. Except last night I hit a whole new level of excitement/stress.

For those of you who are not familiar with Simmons dorms, most of us tend to loft our beds to utilize the space underneath - which is exactly what I did when I moved in. I have a lot of pictures and frames hanging on the wall that my bed is against - one of which is about a 12 x 18 framed Andy Warhol/Velvet Underground poster type thing. The point of this is to say that when I am in bed, I can easily hit this picture with my knee if I'm not paying attention...I've gone all year without it falling on me or falling off its command hook.

Until last night.

I woke up at 4 AM to find that I hadn't kicked it off the wall...but instead found that my feet were flat on my bed, my knees were up...and the picture was OFF THE WALL AND IN MY LAP. I had a KUNG-FU GRIP ON THIS PICTURE THAT WOULD PUT BRUCE LEE TO SHAMMMMMME.

In my dream I was apparently rearranging the show while the opening was taking place.

So.

Obviously we have put some time and thought into this show and we're all very excited for you to see it.

See you all tomorrow,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment